If you are redoing your kitchen, choosing custom kitchen cabinets is a great way to ensure that you have all of the best features and the appearance that you want. Here are five important features that you should definitely consider including with your custom kitchen cabinets:
- Functionality: The first thing you need to consider is functionality. You want your cabinets to be functional for your needs. So, for example, if you need storage for many unique appliances because you cook often, then you want to consider deep cabinets, cabinets with wall storage, and more. If, on the other hand, you don't cook often but you enjoy displaying your dishes and other timely pieces, then you may consider open cabinets that do not distract from what you are displaying.
- A Lazy Susan: Don't forget to make room for a lazy Susan. These we great because they provide much more space for storage without taking up more space in the layout design of the kitchen. These are great for storing small kitchen appliances or tuber ware.
- Full Extension Drawers: Adding full extension drawers to your kitchen cabinets is a great way to provide more storage for things such as dishes. You can leave the most used in the front, but still have easy access to the dishes you use on special occasions by sliding out the drawer all the way.
- Tray Storage: A great feature for one of the cabinets near the oven is tray storage. It's here that yo can store things such says cookie sheets, muffin tins, cutting boards, and more without having them take up too much space. They simply slide into the slots and it's easier to pull them out because nothing else will be stacked on top of them.
- Trash Drawers: Having a hidden trash can is definitely ideal, but since you still need easy access, it's nice to have a pull out trash drawer. These will have racks that can hold the trash can making it easy to use and highly functional.
With these five features in place, your kitchen becomes functional and beautiful with all the modern design that also makes your home hold higher value. Be sure that you go over all of this with your contractor so that they can find the right custom cabinets for you. But be sure that you bring samples home of design and color before agreeing to it so that you choose the right one in the end. Contact a company, like Gerald L Scott Custom Cabinetry, for more help.